Friday, April 3, 2009

Just a quick update - hi

Hi lovelies,

I've been a bad blogger for the last while. Life, EDS, work...who knows. I just haven't made the time.

Mostly, it's been depression and anxiety taking over. I have a new shrink that I like (Dr. H). She takes the time to actually sit and figure out the best strategy for working with these issues. She doesn't double book appts and spends 1/2 hour with me. Dr. H also suggests things besides meds to help me deal with stress and anxiety. I hope I can get an appointment with the therapist she suggested too. Meds and therapy have always worked best for me - the most recommended strategy for effective treatment of depression and anxiety. Hmm, I actually fall into a "normal" category for once! I take two meds - she's adjusting one to handle the current acute problems and then will taper the second one to get me off it and on to Cymbalta. Dr. H thinks Cymbalta will help with my EDS pain - I've also heard that. We'll see. If it can eliminate some of the side effects too, that would be great!!!

I've been thinking about a lot of friends lately - some I know in person, others only virtually. Why do I struggle to reach out to people? When I have the energy, I don't have the time (or it's while I am at work and can't talk). When I have the time, I don't have the energy. Nasty cycle. I hope you know I am thinking of you, ok?

Got some sort of GI bug yesterday. Might actually be able to go home early from work today. Wishful thinking. I'd rather work a full day and NOT have this bug though.

It's been exceptionally windy here for the last week. Can't complain too much. It's been over 60 degrees (high 70s) for a couple of weeks now. Spring is here in NorCal. I miss my home back east but I don't miss the weather! Ok, I do have one complaint. The wind blows all the crap (dirt, pollen) from the north of this loooong valley down to where I live. Makes it hard to breathe and/or makes those with allergies miserable! I'm in the former category.

Wishing you all well and happy Friday. Until next time...take care!

(PS: the font I am using here is called trebuchet. Read about the real trebuchets here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet - kind of strange that someone would name a font after this war machine.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lady,
    Just though I'd let you know I've been thinking of you, and I understand the whole not having time for friends thing... I love facebook for that reason, it lets me feel like I have relationships with people, because I know what's going on. Most of them have no idea why I'm so stay-at-home-ish, but I just don't have the energy to go out, so people have stopped asking me.

    I hope you feel better... Well as better as you ever feel...

    HUGS!!!
    BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I am also needing to update *sigh* I wish you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for your comment on my blog! It looks like you have lots of EDS resources. I will definitely bookmark your blog! I joined EDNF, but I still can't access the message boards and am not getting any response to my emails about that. Frustrating. Meanwhile, I found a few other sites with message boards, but they don't seem very active. I'm looking forward to learning more to help my family deal with this diagnosis!!

    Thanks again for stopping by my blog! :)
    Chewymom

    ReplyDelete