Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The EDNF needs help - please

The Ehlers-Danlos National Foundation, a group I highly depend on and gladly volunteer time for, is another non-profit struggling in this fiscal climate. I, and others like me who deal with this underdiagnosed and mismanaged condition, can't afford for the foundation to fail due to lack of funding.

What the EDNF does for me:

  • creates a safe place to ask questions about EDS - to understand what is going on in my body
  • provides a wealth of resources - Medical Resource Guides, Loose Connections, medical articles, etc
  • helps me educate my doctors and medical professionals about this strange disorder
  • allows me to advocate for others who need help finding information and connecting with medical professionals in my area
  • creates fun and invaluable learning conferences where I can meet others with EDS and listen to professionals present the latest findings or discuss ways to treat our common problems
  • gives me opportunities to use my skills and interests to help others
  • creates space to form long-lasting friendships
  • and so many other things I can't think of right now!
As Eliot Chack, on the EDNF Board of Directors, writes so well:
"Please help sustain our community so it can continue to educate caregivers, patients and their families and carry on the call for further research funding. If you can only give $10, $15, $25 or if you are fortunate enough to be able to give more please do, any amount will help a great organization helping families like ours. Please click below to donate, and thank you for your support." 

I've donated. Can you? Please? 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment